11 Blogging Strategies to A Successful Blog in 2019December 15, 2017
Creating a successful blog takes a lot of time, effort, patience and strategy. But it is definitely worth it once you do it the right way and you measure the success.
A successful blog gives you the ability of positioning your company as an experienced leader and sets you apart from the competition, so successful blogging strategies are indispensable. Moreover, the best way to leverage a blog is to answer customer questions.
Blogging means you have to constantly improve your content to match exactly what your readers want to see and read.
Understanding what it is that you have to do at the appropriate moment is not only going to help save your energy, but also rush the advancement of your business.
What is your blog going to contain? How do you innovate the current market? How is your blog assisting people? Inform or entertain people? Understanding and knowing your purpose is a crucial primary step in your blog strategy.
Let's go over the blogging strategies you should know about.
Before actually starting to write your blog it's important to think of the budget you have. In order to achieve a successful blog it may cost you a bit, although I believe it is worth it, considering it will bring you an amazing income.
You also have to think about time because it is the main important subject and it is something you need the most.
Investing the right amount of time will actually make all the difference between you and the other rivals. Therefore, you're going to need to establish a plan before you dig in. However, you also have to think about spending time marketing your content once it's posted.
This is important so that readers know it exists and also attract new people by marketing your blog to some of the audiences who haven't heard of it yet.
As we can see in the graphic, most of the marketing budget will go to the content marketing. So you need to adapt it toward your needs and always investigate about which content you should put more money into. One last important thing on this topic is that, if you don't dedicate enough time and money from the beginning can sabotage your results before even getting any.
The best way to start building a devoted audience is to carefully establish its target audience from the start and then create content and look for marketing channels that entertain them.
The better you establish your target audience, the easier it will be to spot those people, indulge to their needs and attain them with your advertising and marketing messages.
Your target audience will be made up of following kind of people:
- The individual that pays you
- The individual that affects the person that pays you
- Your promoter
Narrowing your audience down to an exact group of people will allow you to focus on creating content that appeals to the people who are most likely to support your business goals. In order to know what type of content appeals to your target audience, you need to do your research.
Market research can help you identify the demographics of your target audience, as well as get an idea on what their pain points, interests and specific marketing needs are.
Ideally, you will end up with a number of buyer personas that encapsulate who your target audience (or audiences) is.
These personas should be as specific as possible. For example, include gender, age, occupations, needs, knowledge, place in the sales funnel, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, geographic area, hobbies, income level and curiosity of your target audience(s).
Using these personas, you can build blog content that relieves their pain points and answers their questions.
Once you have established your end product or goal, you should go about creating a mailing list funnel that matches it.
For example, lets say you want to sell a course called How to Achieve a Successful Weight Loss in 2 Weeks.
The primary phase is to set up a mailing list that specifically caters to the one future course and attracts readers to that mailing list with a four-part free email series called something like 4 Secrets from the World's Top Nutritionists.
You should make that a useful course that sends mail to email subscribers automatically once they sign up to your new mailing list.Therefore, think of it as a gift to thank them for subscribing.You'd then create a landing page that explains your free, four-part course.
The landing pages should:
- Focus on the benefits Don't just explain the features of the email series, but also let them know what they will achieve
- Explain the procedure You need to make sure you explain clearly how the mailing list works. You don't want anyone to subscribe and then get angry at the emails you sent them and mark them as spam.
- Have social proof You should put some reviews and testimonials up on your landing page so that the potential subscribers know it's legitimate. If you don't have anything like that, you can look through your comments or social media pages and ask a regular reader/friend to write an honest one for you.
- Appear as a feature on your blog You need to make sure you link this landing page in a relevant and highly visible place on your blog. A good idea would be to make a graphic and add it to your sidebar.
- Levels of landing page optimization The most important levels of the landing page optimization are strategy, operation, campaign, segment, path and element. Following these levels will definitely help improve your performance and success of the landing page, allowing it to work as intended.
I know it's practically impossible to brainstorm a completely original topic to blog about. Although, your first and ongoing goal should be to continuously develop innovative content and set a unique spin on the topic your blogging about. If your target is conversions, you may want to locate audiences that are in the final stage of the buying cycle.
They might have questions about your products or services because they have an urgent need or they may be searching for reviews, comparisons, or knowledge about a specific subject. So you can create a content that targets these various subjects.
To manufacture and preserve a steady audience you need to constantly enhance the content on your blog. In order to have a successful blog, you must remain on topic and indulge to the needs and expectations of your target audience.
After you've set the goals and you need to know whether you've achieved them, or if you're rather falling short. Furthermore, there are some ways you can follow success. Here are some of them:
- Engagement Commitment/Engagement metrics may include the total number of comments on your blog, the number of shares, bounce rates, links and mentions on other blogs. There are many specific metrics you can measure, so you need to decide on one or two that matches with your goals. Google Analytics is good at helping you track these metrics.
- Distribution Distribution is all about the number of people that are viewing your content on the channels you want them to, who is reading it and whether you see high enough CTRs to your website.
- Conversions and sales If you're interested in converting, you should be tracking sales. Readers may start as followers and you may get their email address, but along with other strategies, you can get them into becoming regular paying customers. It's important to check your conversion rates with the support of Google Analytics or other CRM or sales software in order to track the metrics and achieve a successful blog.
With the purpose of having an exemplary, successful blog, it is essential to convert your blog into an interactive online community and encourage your readers to post feedback and comments, interact, share their thoughts and enhance your content by adding the information they provide.
- Inception It is important that you initiate conversations, give prompt responses, create relationships and interact with the content.Being a beginner is going to take a while to actually realize a massive audience, but just like everything else, this starts small and then grows massively
- Establishment This step requires a lot of hard work, but with the right amount of time and positive energy it can be accomplished very well. It basically includes growing the community, recruiting volunteers, promoting the community, etc. So it's more like a developing phase that takes a lot of time and effort.
- Growth During this step, the growth will be a result of referrals, shares of content and conversations, achievements, activities led by volunteers and so on. However, it still requires improvement and constant engagement and all sorts of events.
- Maturity This phase practically starts when the members of the interactive community start generating a huge amount of growth. It is generally measured through growth, activities and sense of community metrics. Once you have achieved this step, everything becomes less stressful, meaning, you rarely have to initiate conversations, asking people to participate, etc. These steps should only be done to make sure you don't have any gaps.
- **Participation **- Participation is essential because value can only be achieved through it
- **Transparency **- This process allows the participants to see each other's contributions
- **Collective **- The collective must be generated and amplified from wide contributions
- **Persistence **- The persistency is based on the input captured for sharing, viewing, etc.
- **Emergence **- Collective interactions are actually the ones that provide value
- **Independent **- It is important to have commitment at anytime, anyplace.
Content precedes design. Design in the absence of content is not design, it's decoration. - Jeffrey Zeldman
It's crucial that you have a professional image, no matter what the subject or the audience is. The complete aspect and general design of your blog should be professional and easy to comprehend and read.
Furthermore, make sure you edit and proofread your work carefully to avert or correct any errors. Spelling mistakes or grammar errors in your blog can take away your credibility and make your blog appear unskilled.
It will take quite some time to build an audience in the hundreds of thousands or millions. To achieve this level of success will typically require ongoing marketing, promotions and even paid advertising.
In order to get the help needed to build an audience, the most successful bloggers have counted on the mediastream to produce their advertising for their blog. Hence, you should be doing the same, so you should be promoting your blog on an ongoing basis, just as you regularly add new content.
A successful blog is not made of obscure ramblings on a general topic, it's an intense message delivered to a target audience. Make sure every blog post has an actionable point and make sure that point is in the headline.
Moreover, you should establish it in the first paragraph and support it in the body text. Clear, concise and cogent always has the best impact and success.
These are crucial blogging principals any business should take to heart. Therefore, applied correctly they are a departure board for greater visibility and higher conversions. Although if you don't pay attention to them, you're going straight to your own peril.
In conclusion, creating a successful blog is not impossible and can be achieved, so I actually recommend giving it a try. After all, you don't really have much to lose.
As I have mentioned in this article there are a few steps you need to go through in order to achieve it, before you start writing.
First, you do need to budget, and it's not just about money, it's also about time. Therefore, time is essential and to create a successful blog, requires a lot of time.
Second most important is setting up your goals, establishing your audience and your audience's goals. Furthermore, generate content that is relevant and caters your readers or gives them the information needed.
Last, but not least, you need to measure the success you're going to make and identify the mistakes in order to make improvements.